Pubcast #40: Over, Finals, Messi and Sunburn
For our 40th show Simon, Dan, Jim and Stu paid the pub a visit to chat about the various goings on in the world of football.
The FIFA presidency issue has been done to death, so we kept that bit quite short – Simon could have gone on for ages – and instead concentrated on the on-pitch action that we’ve enjoyed during the past week.
On this week’s show:
– We look back at the Football League Playoff finals
– Simon tries (and fails) to get the lads to talk about the Champions League final
– Lionel Messi is the best player of all time? Discuss
– Our ridiculously early (and therefore largely pointless) Premier League 2011-2012 relegation predictions
– Dan uses the catchphrase of the season, “Stay on your feet”
– Why Jim is shedding his skin like some sort of reptile
It’s all here in a little over half an hour of pub-based chat, recorded alfresco, thanks to some Canary Wharf sun.