We made it – another milestone(ish)! After last week’s “not a proper show”, Mike returned to join Dan, Andy and Chris in celebrating the big event. There was the return of the “Pubcast Game Show”, plenty of talk about nonsense, arguments and even a little bit of football. Plus a new iTunes review and a thanks to our listeners, hopefully you’ll all be with us for another 150!
Tagged: Chelsea RSS Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
It was a distracted, feisty show this week as Mike, Dan, Andy, Jerome and Chris attempted to talk about football but often found themselves distracted by pretty much everything else (including Chicken Kievs and bedtime attire).
When they did manage to focus on the beautiful game there was a heated argument about Jack Wilshere and nationality rules, reviews of the key incidents from last weekend and plenty more!
Mike, Dan and Chris got together this week to debate the increasingly improving Arsenal, the turgidly dull Chelsea and whether United are better than Spurs.
In an epic 50 minute show the lads also covered a whole gamut of stuff – sexism, streaking, protesters, salacious gossip and a football legend. Plus TWO trivia questions and some cracking listener insights.
After last week’s ego trip from Mike you might not be surprised that Dan, Andy and Jim decided to miss this week, but never fear as Chris and Jerome were back to step into the breach and join Mike for a far more civil chat about the weekend’s action, the League Cup, Mario’s meltdown and plenty more.
Apologies for the poor sound quality – back to normal next week!
You can tell that the season is well and truly over when one of the main topics of conversation on the Pubcasters agenda is the Under 21 European Championships.
But don’t worry, as usual the boys (Mike, Dan, Andy and a returning Jim) managed to make even that sound exciting! There were also lively discussions on transfer news, managerial changes, the England team’s performance in Brazil, World Cup qualifiers, naughty boys and, of course, your questions (keep sending them in!).
Its been a lively week but it was the lowest turnout in Pubcast history as Mike and Andy made the lonely trek to Henry Ads to discuss title wins, relegation strugglers, European prospects and the occasional act of cannibalism. Despite it effectively being a recorded date the boys were able to discuss a lot, including…
• Title win by Man…sfield Town…and some other team…
• Bayern drub Barca
• Champions League/Relegation in the Premier League
• League One goes down to the final weekend
• Gillingham win League Two
• Crowd trouble at Kidderminster
• Some hungry Uruguayan bloke…
• A-League Grand Final
• Cravat Nick meets El-Hadji Diouf
• And plenty more…
You may or may not have noticed that it can be rather easy to wind up Dan Silver, especially when it comes to Spurs. This week Mike and Andy took great pleasure in doing so by recounting a much tweeted joke following Cardiff’s promotion.
It wasn’t all Dan-baiting though, and the lads found time to discuss all the professional leagues in England and even more…
• A run down of the Premier League, Championship, League One & League Two
• Crowd trouble at Newcastle, Millwall and Brentford
• The success of the Pubcast’s “Punch a Horse” campaign
• Andy Carroll’s challenges
• Excitement at Sheff Utd/Brentford & the Scottish Cup semis
• Jim Staples bets on Port Vale
• Rangers fan refutes our claims of their demise
• A-League Grand Final time
• A crazy Bulgarian manager
• A terrible penalty in Brazil
• Gary Neville: Bonafide A-Lister
• And much, much, much more